Thursday, June 30, 2011

Czech 1, 2, 3

It was one of the (many) reasons I fell in love with him.

When he spoke it made my knees shake.

I always wanted to date/marry a foreign man.

In fact, many of my short novels that I wrote as a teenager, were all based around fabulous men from far away places that I had never been.

My Auntie, and matron of honor, had said "you now have your very own fairytale".

Which was true. You see my husband was born in the Czech Republic. His family moved here when he was eight years old, and much to my excitement, they have retained their native language. In truth, I am sure that after all this time, he sees himself as Canadian as can be...but neither of us forget the journey his family took to get here.

So, as we celebrate the last day of work for my hubby for the next few months, I am also eager for the thousands of opportunities that will surely arise, where he can speak to her.

Jedna, Dva, Tri-as they say...

Yes, this summer will be the beginning of language for my daughter, in both Czech and English.

It will also be a summer of rekindling the love I have for my husband, that has blossomed into a family of our own, and a future of possibilities beyond our wildest dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment