Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Hockey Conspiracy

It took everything in me not to crack up laughing.

I am standing behind this guy talking to the cashier at the grocery store.

Of course they are talking hockey-who isn't? Seriously, even if you hate hockey, guaranteed you are talking about hating hockey, as the season drags on.

So the cashier makes a comment about it being dangerous for the Canucks going into game 7, despite home ice advantage.

"You know why it happened like this though right?!" the guy comments.

She gives him a questioning eye, and I can't help but to lean in to listen.

"The league makes more money this way, they stretch the series out because they get millions as each game progresses"

Yes, that's right, the league has decided to make money and that's why we are going to game 7.

It is hardly the first time I have heard of the hockey conspiracy and I can't help but give my head a shake. I think, truly, that people just love a good conspiracy, someone to hate, and hating big companies, big politics, big anything is the best way to exercise our right to 'stick it to the man'.

I left shaking my head. He must believe that the United States staged 9-11 and that walking on the moon was staged too.

No comments:

Post a Comment