Saturday, June 9, 2012

Car Conquest

Well, it's official. We sold our RAV.

It was bittersweet.

We loved our RAV, it was a great vehicle. Oh brother, I feel the wave of mushy emotion come over me...here it goes...

Okay okay.  I know...it's not like it died or anything.

The good news...is that we managed to get another good vehicle. Better then that, we managed to pay down $8500 worth of debt.

Now, an entirely different wave of emotions are coming over me.

It's a feeling of (dare I say it) success!

That's right. We have managed to do something really positive for ourselves in the long run, without sacrificing all that much in the end. So what is $8500 in the long run? It was 15% of our debt. It was 1 year of my bringing in a child for childcare.

So what has become the new 'A to B'? A 2006 Ford Freestar Minivan.

How does my hubby feel about officially being a 'minivan' family? He has taken in really well...and loved it all the more when we had one of our best drives home from the south Island with our daughter.

I hate to break it to you Mini-van-haters out there but if you have a family-there is absolutely 100% a reason why these are the ultimate family vehicles.

They are built for comfort. They are built for convenience.

So we have a small weight taken off of our shoulders...we have a new skip to our step...

and when I have more time I let you in on some neat deets from out buying process...


No comments:

Post a Comment