Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Golf season just hasn't quite started

Anyone else hoarse from last nights game?

We too like to ref from our side of the screen...

Last night I was fighting with my hubby to get him to watch the game initially. In all seriousness I knew he was going to watch it, but he was so disappointed after the last three games that he almost wanted to save himself another night of presumed pain.

Less than 3 minutes in, my faith was certainly restored...

It took my husband to the 3rd period before he was feeling it. Before the excitement was there, the hope...

Then Chicago scored.

This time, I couldn't watch it any longer, I organized the books in our living room and glanced at the TV every time I heard excitement in the announcers voice.

My hubby's eyes were glued.

Then it happened. Of course, I missed the goal initially...I was placing "My Little Wordbook" on the shelf at the time.

I also missed the first replay.

My hubby had scooped me up in a bear hug and I couldn't see the screen.

Then we sat, cheering-this time a little quieter since I had put Jay down just before OT started.

There it was. A moment of glory. Burrow's snagging the puck, the amazing turnover, the shot.

We make a call, my brother, his line is busy. I get off the phone and am met with a short ring, it was my brother. We talk about the game, the shot, the anticipation. Apparently at Boston Pizza you could have heard a pin drop at the beginning of OT, then the restaurant erupted. We could hardly hear him.

After the phone call I marveled. We did it-we finally took the Hawks out. Third time really is the charm.

Yes, I did saw 'we', it's a fair statement. Here in Canada, we take our game VERY seriously. How seriously you ask? Politics has to do some schedule juggling so they aren't competing with our game-that is how serious.

As my hubby and I climbed into bed we could hear the pub game watchers heading home, a steady stream of horn honking filled the air until the last of them made it home.

So today I may be hoarse, but what's really important is that...

The Canucks are back-and we are coming for the Stanley Cup.

1 comment: