Saturday, April 30, 2011

"I feel good...Na na na na na na..."

Swish goes my hair.

I glance at my reflection in the car window next to me.

Sweet.

Today I have fabulous hair.

There is something to be said for a trip to the hairdressers. Every woman knows exactly what I mean, and I am sure, most men.

I desperately needed that boost. That reminder that I am not just a wife, a mom, a cook, a housemaid...but also that I am a beautiful 23 year old woman.

The haircut and color became the start of a domino effect...you see afterwards we went grocery shopping...and feeling good makes we want to continue that trend. So after cutting and prewashing our produce I took a glance in my refrigerator and grinned at the 2 shelves full of fruit and veggies.

My body may not feel 100% but I know that I am going to be able to eat what we brought home guilt free.

One haircut can truly change the outcome of ones day, of ones week.

We know what happens after a bad hair cut now don't we?!

Let's just hope I wake up with the ability to make my hair look half as good as the hairdresser did tomorrow and maybe that will translate into some time at the gym...

No comments:

Post a Comment