Thursday, March 8, 2012

Moving Momz: Fruit vs. Veggies

I love my fruit.

I am pretty sure that I ate about 4 cups of strawberries yesterday, that doesn't include the grapes and blackberries that I also ate. (Expensive taste-I know...)

When it comes to veggies though...well, there was celery and green pepper in the chilli we had, but that was about it.

I blame it on my sweet tooth.

Veggies aren't nearly as appealing as ripened, sweet fruit.

Canada's Health Food Guide for my age is 8 servings of fruit and veggies.

Key word being: and.

So, this is my challenge, and I am encouraging you to try it to.

I am going to try and eat 1/2 and 1/2. If you also have a fruit love, veggie indifferent attitude as I do, give it a try...

At the very least, being conscious of the amount of veggies you eat (or don't) should help you become more aware when given the option to choose between the two...

Maybe even help you lose a few pounds? (Or like me, keep me from gaining to much during pregnancy.)

GOOD LUCK!

No comments:

Post a Comment