Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Speak up, speak out...

I realize that I may be watching Dr. Phil a little too often...

It's my "Jay's sleeping and I am going to listen to something while I _____".

However this week has been an important week. Something that I feel everyone should be talking about.

The topic has been: End the Silence on Domestic Violence.

It's one of those things, that no one wants to talk about, admit, or come clean about. The destruction that comes from domestic violence though is so far reaching, it reaches not just the spouses or common-law partners, or other family members, but it touches the lives of the children raised in that environment.

It's the children I worry most for. Once raised in that environment, it becomes a learned behavior, a learned truth in their lives. The likely-hood of the repeating that cycle is strong. Children are so innocent, a clean slate, upon which we as parents, write the begining of their truths...unfortunately, not all of us have the ability to write the path we hope most for them.

As Dr. Phil says..."the only thing worse than living in a bad situation for 100 days, is being in a bad situation for 101 days".

If you are, or know someone, whom is a victim of domestic abuse, go to this link now.

Speak up, Speak Out...break the cycle, break the silence.


No comments:

Post a Comment