Saturday, March 31, 2012

I'm pregnant...not sick!

I'm a hardworker.

If I am going to do something, I am going to do it right...and no, I am not going to kill myself doing it.

I do hate the attitude, the looks, the comments, that you can get as a pregnant woman working.

It can be doing anything, working out, moving furniture, work a labour intensive job...and you just know that someone has an opinion about whether or not you are capable of doing it...whether or not it is "good for the baby".

I'm pregnant. I am not sick. I know my body, and yes, sometimes I can overdo---just like every other person out there.

Now I am not advocating for women to not take care of themselves, but come one people, we are capable of so much more than you give us credit for sometimes.

So quite judging, if you are concerned about something I'm doing, offer to help, don't try to make me feel guilty about doing what I need to do to get stuff done.

Oh yeah, and by the way, on top of caring my pregnancy weight around, I also happen to carry my 25lb toddler around. Everyday. Day in, day out...oh yeah, and that weight isn't getting any lighter as I get bigger; which means that unless you are weight training everyday, I could probably outlift you!

In the words of Beyonce we women are "Strong enough to bear the children.Then get back to business."





No comments:

Post a Comment