Friday, March 23, 2012

Moving Momz: Try Something New

For most of us, we think 'exercise' and an image of sweat dripping down our faces, and backs (and other places that we won't name) while during workout X (which is usually something we totally dread) comes to mind.

It's hard to want to workout when that is what first comes to mind.

So try something new.

I went with a friend of mine to a bellydancing class last night for the first time.

I went, not with the attitude of "I'm going to get my sweat on!" but instead "I'm going to try sonething new and have fun!"

I totally did, have fun, and get my sweat on.

At the time though, I was not thinking about it. My focus was on learning the new moves, and trying not to look like a total dork while doing it.

The attitude I went in with, pushed me through the point where I my arms were starting to burn.

I don't know how many calories I burned...and I don't really care. I got to spend the evening with a friend, having fun...instead of sitting on my rear watching who-knows-what.

It was fabulous. So give it a try. Pick some new activity to try, grab a friend, and go for the fun.

Whatever you get on top of that--is just the cherry!

No comments:

Post a Comment