Saturday, May 7, 2011

Pancake Ritual

There is nothing like waking up on a Saturday, the troubles of the week behind you, knowing that when you roll out of bed-bliss awaits.

It awaits in the form of a blueberry pancake.

Perfected over years of Saturday morning rituals.

Tasting all that much better because my husband made it, not I.

I'm hopeful that for Jay (and any future children) this ritual becomes as important to them as it is to me.

Maybe they will refuse Friday night sleepovers just so that they don't miss Dad's pancakes...cue the hysterical laughing...okay, so they will probably not base their social calendar around a pancake.

However I hope that as adults they manage to form their own ritual, in some form or another, and that in turn they pass it on to their kids.

Just in case...I'll make sure that my hubby writes down the recipe and sends it off with them when they leave home...or better yet still, we'll keep the lights on and the door unlocked so they can join us!

No comments:

Post a Comment