Tuesday, May 31, 2011

What Mom Does

Nanna (Jay's Great-Nannna, or Granna for short), my Dad and Sawyer came to visit.

It was fabulous.

I always love a chance to visit with my Dad and brother. Plus this was Granna's first chance to see Jay which was so heart-warming. I am so glad that Jay has the opportunity to have her be apart of her life. Thanks for the visit you guys!

So anyways, from this visit, my brother and I had the funniest conversation...

We were 'testing' Sawyer.

What's Dad's name?
What's Mom's name?
Where do you live?
What city do you live in?
What's your phone number?
What's your name?

All of which, by the way, he can answer. Pretty good for a boy not yet 4 years old.

Then I asked him...

"Sawyer, what does mommy and daddy do?"

(They are both RCMP members, so I was expecting police, cop, something to that effect)

To which he replied, "Take care of me and play with me"

"Okay" I said (though not what I was looking for...so since my Dad has been at home the last few years with him, I thought maybe my question confused him).

So I re-worded my question, "Sawyer what does Mommy do?"

"Pay my toys and pay my clothes"

Pahahahahahahahahahaha, we all cracked at that.

Kids really do say the darnedest things.

2 comments:

  1. Too funny!!!! I am sorry I missed the visit! I was busy paying the toys and paying the clothes! I love "Granna".

    ReplyDelete
  2. I posted this to twitter because I nearly teared up when he said it ...

    Love, -Your Hubby

    ReplyDelete