Thursday, April 12, 2012

Dirty Girl

I cringe as she places the mud filled bucket on her head.

That's right-on her head.

My daughter loves being outside. We are often out there 2-3 times a day, for a walk, to play in the park across the street, or just outside in the backyard.

It keeps me from getting much done in the house to be sure, but well before we had kids, we always talked about how kids don't know how to play outside anymore, how all they want to do is be inside...we were determined before she was even born that we would do everything we could to avoid that.

So this morning, overcast, a little chilly (therefor well bundled) we went to play in the backyard.

She gets so proud of herself, when she has a pile of rocks stacked up, or transfers dirt without spilling (much) from one bucket to another...and a huge grin pronounces itself when she gets the pile of dirt onto her head.

My instinct--"please don't get dirty!" I don't let myself go there.

After an hour we come in, and she plays in the bath while I tidy up the dirt trail from the back door to the bathroom...

I wonder if we'll be doing a repeat performance this afternoon?!

No comments:

Post a Comment