Monday, April 30, 2012

Meat vs. Veggie

Most weeks it's a rarity to have 1 meal that is vegetarian.

Okay, actually, over the course of a month it's rare to have as many as 3 vegetarian meals.

It's not that I am a big meat person...in fact, I could do without, but my hubby on the other hand...well, he is a meat eater.

He even eats liver paste (ew!).

This week though, I am going to throw his stomach for a loop, I just finished up the weekly meal plan and guess what, there is 1...that's right, I said it, 1 MEAT DISH!

Ssshhh...don't tell. (Now watch, this will be the one post that my hubby decides to actually read.)

That's right, this week my meal plan consists of: Bean Enchilada's, Fettuccine with mushrooms (and brussel sprouts-double SHHH), Spaghetti and beanballs, and this Rice Hoppin' John recipes (thanks google, I think?!)...the one star meat dish this week Casserole Cabbage Rolls.

Now why? Why the sudden onslaught of veggie meals?

Okay a few reasons, first-is it really cheaper to cook this way? I'll find out this afternoon I guess. Truth be told, I couldn't tell you what a can of beans cost, I never REALLY pay attention. Second (my poor hubby)- while I am pregnant and getting round' round the middle is relatively okay, I am not the only one getting round...if you know what I am saying. So I am hoping that this low calorie (but hopefully still fulfilling meals> will help. Third-I am bored, bored, bored of what we normally eat and I can hardly get the oomph to get up and cook most nights.

Plus...doesn't it sound kind of fun?

I am not going to make a big deal out of the lack of meat, in fact, I am not going to say a thing...and I am going to watch and see if there is a reaction out of him.

Stay-tuned this week...

BTW: I do really love my husband, I swear this isn't punishment for something! But you are thinking the same thing as me...can I pull it off without him knowing? Can YOU pull it off without your hubby or significant other knowing???

1 comment:

  1. I'm interested to hear about his reaction. I bet he'll love every single dish...I don't know about the cabbage thingy though :P Uncle James keeps saying we need to try something like what you're doing because I'm the big meat eater in our house.

    ReplyDelete