Thursday, April 26, 2012

Out of milk.

Milk really is the essence of life when you have a baby or toddler.

This morning I came down with the intention of sqeaking out the last bit of milk from the jug to sustain my lil' one over breakfast. Go figure, it's the one morning where she just can't get enough.

It's heartbreaking, watching your toddler stand at the fridge door hoping for you to open and refill her cup.

Water-it just wouldn't cut it.

It was one of those morning that I wished I was still breastfeeding her.

So we got dressed and I took her to the grocery store...had I been smart I would have packed her milk cup because sure enough, we got to the milk aisle and she went nuts! I put the jug in the cart, last stop-bananas and I spent the entire aisle between milk and produce trying to keep her sitting as she tried to crawl into the cart with the milk jug.

It was terribly cute, and terribly heart-wrenching.

The smile on her face when she finally got a full cup-bliss!

How many things we take for granted in a day...if only we too could have the same expression on our face when given the simplest of things...like milk.



No comments:

Post a Comment