Sunday, April 22, 2012

Making dreams come true

As you may have noticed, as of late it's been misery and, well more misery.

Today, despite my feelings, I woke up determined to do at least one good thing for me.

Just moments ago, I proofread (for the 100th time) another article for submission in Island Parent and then sent it off.

It has always been a dream of mine, to become a published author, and this is one great step forward, even if they choose not to publish my work.

It's about doing something that pushes me out of my comfort zone. It's about doing something that excites and terrifies me all at the same time.

This is where it starts. It starts with articles, it moves on to the the plethora of children's book ideas that I have, and one day, it will be my novels-sent off into the world.

Now, having accomplished that one thing, I feel re-charged. In 40 minutes I will be outside with daughter in tow, and friends at hand, working on the neighbourhood park. My house may not be completely clean, the laundry not done. Yet-I will have accomplished more today perhaps then the past few days...and all because I started with following through with a dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment