Monday, April 9, 2012

Friends

There are moments in my life where reflection is so humbling...

Yesterday, as I sat in the hospital (I'm okay, just some pains that I didn't want to leave undiagnosed 'just in case') I was sitting there with my cellphone in hand and complete relief that my good friend was relieving my husband and daughter so they could go home and go to bed.

It was yet another moment in my day where I can look at where I was a year ago and say "wow, my life has changed."

A year ago I couldn't wait to be out of this town-there just didn't seem to be anything here for me, for us as a family.

Yesterday I had good friends come and hang out with us while we hunted for eggs, tea with new friends, and then another friend came and dropped off an easter present and then came with us on a walk...I also happen to have 2 other great friends (both out of country) that also would have been there in a heartbeat.

A year ago, I would have been happy with one friend, and yesterday, I had a handful.

I can only hope that they know how much I cherish each one of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment