Saturday, May 26, 2012

Get out of my yard-yipes!

I'll make this short and sweet, but I had to share this...

Sometimes it can save your life, being less reactive, taking a moment...

I was all ready to go with my daughter, out the door, off to do some shopping.

As I was turning off the TV, I spotted out the corner of my eye, what I thought was a dog that has been left 'loose' around our neighbourhood. To my annoyance, he was in between mine and my neighbours house, sure to leave a 'present' where my daughter would later be walking. YUCK!

I thought about running out the front door and shooing it out out of yard. Instead, partial laziness I suppose, and wanting to be sure that I was able to 'give it what for' (as if it is really the dogs fault that it has free reign over our neighbourhood) I decided to take a few steps, throw up the blinds and give it what for.

Boy was I surprised to see a black bear swing its head up at me and give me a "what's your problem?" look.

YIPES!

This was followed by instant panic, 'did I leave the front door open?' was my first thought because if so...my daughter was surely up the walkway already.

Luckily this was not the case, and the next 15 minutes was spent calling the conservation officer, and making sure my girlfriend (and neighbour) didn't leave her house without extreme caution.

We did make it out shopping, after some time to allow the bear to head back from where it came...and I am certainly on guard since then, keeping me momma-instincts sharp.

It's funny now, but I do wonder...what would have been that bear's reaction had I come barreling out of the house in a huff?

Day 8-A massage really can build a bridge of satisfaction. There is nothing better than taking a moment to just "ahhh" and be the one to give, and be given a break, a moment to just enjoy the moment.

Day 9-It's one of my favorite things, and one he rarely does, but I love having company while soaking in the tub. It's nice to be able to just enjoy talking to each other without being steam rolled by a 16 monnth old. A massage was returned to my happy hubby (though I am running out of new places to massage quickly :P )

Day 10-Date Day-thanks to our good friends. Loved going out to have coffee and walk around town-just the two of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment