Friday, May 4, 2012

Operation Meat vs. Veggie: Perogie Prerogative

It was hardly a swanky new recipe.

In fact, it's one of the very few meatless dinner we make on a consistent basis.

It also happens to be probably my favorite meal to eat.

Perogies!

I mean honestly, you really can eat then for every meal. Breakfast time you can fry it up in the pan, add a little onion, some more cheese-yum. Then lunch, just a nice boil, add some veggies on the side and more cheese-terrific. Then of course dinner-bake in a casserole dish with mushrooms, asparagus or broccoli and (how could I forget) more cheese!

I'm drooling just thinking about it. And my Momma Jules is rolling her eyes as she reads it.

She's now just called down to my Dad to tell him what I posted. And he is probably chuckling to himself...

So I am a bit predictable...


Cost of meal:

1/3 bag of perogies: $2.33
4 tbsps of sourcream: $.73
1/2 onion: $.26
______________________________

Total cost to feed 2 people: $3.32, that's just $1,66 each!

Now, if I was to add some meat in the mix, maybe some sausages or something, that would work out to be about $8.32 or $4.16 per person.

I did feed my child by the way-more spaghetti from last night...she really enjoys it!

4 comments:

  1. I was all excited to see a perogie recipe LOL. I was just talking to a friend about making home-made perogies soon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been dying to try a homemade perogie recipe---we should maybe make a go of it sometime together, two heads are better than one (less chance of mistakes?) :)

      Delete
    2. Lol, I have a family recipe but it's SUPER bad for you. Extremely tasty though :D The other problem is Russ won't eat cottage cheese and the recipe calls for a dry curd cottage cheese filling.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete