Monday, May 7, 2012

Operation Meat vs. Veggie: Final Night

Well despite my plans for a fabulous last dinner of Rice Hoppin' John to close out the week, truthfully, I was just too tired.

Hubby was at Rangers all day, and daughter was in major teething pain...

So hubby took over the cooking yesterday...and he made my second favorite meal (after perogies) Mac and Cheese from scratch!

What it cost us:

2/5 of a block of cheese: $4.80
Flour/Butter/Seasoning: $1.00
Macaroni Noodles: $1.48
Wild Mushrooms: Free (picked them last fall)
2 cups of Frozen Peas: $0.70
_____________________________________________
Total for 4.5 people is $7.98 or $1.77 a person!

Had I added chicken or beef to this recipe, it would have added around $5.00 to the total cost or: $1.11 a person.

Verdict:

Full bellies, smiles on our faces...

Now it's time to come clean to my man about what was going on this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment