Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Moving Momz: How good it feels

My girlfriend, with her 2.5 year old and her 4 month old in tow, went for a 15-18km bike ride yesterday (the exact distance difficult to measure).

I was envious.

It seems to be the thing with pregnancy for me. I crave the things that just aren't practical for me at the moment.

So I am living vicariously through her (unfortunately am getting no skinnier for it).

Today though, I was re-energized while take my daughter for a swim.



Why I had I stopped going?

It's not like I took a class, or did laps, but I forgot just how good it feels to get out there and move.

It is so easy, to start something, and then let 'life' get in the way of it all.

I swore I wouldn't do this with my second, and yet, here I am...counting all the things that I am not doing that I promised myself I would do.

STOP!

Stop, stop, stop. Okay, so that isn't helping either. We all know how this goes, then I start feeling crappy about what I am not doing, which leads to more of my not doing stuff in asome sort of pouty defense or tantrum.

Instead, I am going to wake up tomorrow, and do my best. I might not be getting out for a 15km bike ride, but I can still do something...maybe I will pull out one of my workout DVD's if the weather refuses to cooperate...

Do something...remind yourself of how good it feels to just do something.

Wondering how the love challenge is going?
Okay truth be told, we have been hit and miss lately. Mostly hits, but sometimes the day ends and I am lying in bed thinking to myself "whoooppps!"
What's worse, I keep forgetting to jot things down, and trying to remember the little things can be difficult after a long day. For now, let me just tell you that we are doing something even if it's small...and I'll catch you up on a later post.

No comments:

Post a Comment